Sunday, January 10, 2010

Death by Quoting?

So I log on to Facebook this morning and see this status posted by my uncle:

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong. ~Mahatma Gandhi"

Below it is the following response from my GM:

“It's too bad that more people don't know this. It's also the Christian thing to do.”


Then, a short while later, my uncle posts this:

"To go along with my last quote .... "The great French Marshall Lyautey once asked his gardener to plant a tree. The gardener objected that the tree was slow growing and would not reach maturity for 100 years. The Marshall replied, 'In that case, there is no time to lose; plant it this afternoon!'" John F. Kennedy"

Now, I admit it’s ENTIRELY possible I’m just paranoid given recent events and, because of that, I’m reading too much into all of this. But it just seems a little TOO coincidental to me, know what I mean? As if these messages are intended as subtle messages for ME.

As confirmation, up comes a status update from my aunt K (same aunt that's married to the uncle who posted the previous comment above) that reads:


"Life is short, break the rules, forgive quickly, kiss slowly, love truly, laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that made you smile."

And shortly after that, another comment from my GM in response to my aunt’s post that reads:

"Love it K, if only everyone could follow those thoughts."

Yep. NM has definitely been a busy little bee, buzzing along the gossip line and spreading her toxic lies about what a horrible daughter I am.

At first, I admit, I was a tad upset. After all, no one likes to feel people don't like her or are against her. But then I began to see my extended FOO for the immature, sad, pathetic (and, dare I say, passive-aggressive?) bunch that they are. At that point, all I could do was laugh. So laugh I did!

I mean, really...what is this supposed to be, "death by quoting"? LOL Give me a break!

Methinks some people need to get a life. (Or at least a good hobby!)

Edited to add...

Just as I finished posting this, I discovered yet ANOTHER entry by my uncle. This one reads:

"[...]to go along with the other two ... "Never ruin an apology with an excuse." ~ Kimberly Johnson"

LOL Hi-freaking-larious!

4 comments:

  1. He obviously has an obsession with the apology and forgiveness. I can't think of anything worse if these things aren't sincere and authentic. And Aunt K's quote -- wow. Is that supposed to make people feel good? When you feel manipulated and abused, it is hard to relate to that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reading this - all I hear is the flying monkey song from Wizard of OZ.

    Do you have facebook groups set up? You can put your family members in their own list and limit what they see of your content and what you see of theirs.

    All I can think is - practice what you preach (especially with that last piece of gold from your uncle!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, SUPPOSEDLY DUncle was just quoting from a sermon in church that morning about forgiveness and nothing was intended by anything he wrote. (Not that I asked anyone. I'm just basing this on a later comment made on Facebook.) Still, I find it just a TAD too coincidental given all that's going on.

    Also, according to my aunt N (the good aunt who supports me), apparently NM send out a rapid-fire email to everyone - DUncle, his wife, GM and my other two aunts - about their talk of "forgiveness" and defending her and NHS' comments about sometimes needing to just walk away. So I guess NM thought all the discussion was about HER.

    Who knows? Like I said, it was entirely possible that it had nothing to do with me at all. Then again, perhaps it was intended for both NM and I. Either way, I no longer care. At least it was good entertainment yesterday! LOL

    DA

    ReplyDelete
  4. Regarding NHS' comment about walking away, I found a post from NHS yesterday within the same "forgiveness" discussion in which NHS talked about someone (it was clear the unnamed "someone" was ME) who had supposedly "destroyed her life" and how she had no choice but to walk away.

    She went on to say it was "hard to forgive one who doesn't want forgiveness", though I'm not entirely sure I understand that part. Of COURSE I don't want NHS' forgiveness because I HAVEN'T DONE ANYTHING WRONG TO HER. Anyway...

    I got an especially good laugh off of NHS' comments and the fact that NM had to jump in and second what NHS had said in that sometimes it was all one could do to just walk away. I only wish I were so lucky as to have both of them walk away rather than continuing on their vicious smear campaigns and whatnot!

    Reading all their nonsense actually made me feel GOOD about myself. After all, how much power and importance must I possess in order to completely "destroy" NHS' life? Not to mention how much time and effort the two of them - NHS and NM - devote to putting me back in my place. Yes, I must surely be special indeed! ;o)

    ReplyDelete