Tuesday, February 8, 2011

A little funny...

When MIL was here las week helping out with ds while I was still on the mend from a recent food poisoning incident, she asked if when I was logged into my Yahoo email if I got "updates" from certain people. I said yes, that people I'd connected with via my Yahoo account, I got updates for and then asked why she wanted to know. She said that when she'd checked her email earlier that day before coming over, she noticed an update from my NM. MIL says it read simply, "I love my grandchildren." MIL said she was VERY tempted to email NM and ask, "Which ones?" or say something snarky like, "Oh really? And would that include (ds' name)?" (And if you know my MIL, she is NOT the sort to be so bold.) MIL said that, in the end, she knew it wouldn't do any good or change anything since NM was so convinced she is perfect and not to blame for any of what is currently going on but stated that NM just irritates the living heck out of her! HA!! MIL then asked me how she could stop receiving those sort of updates. I told her she could either click on the little arrow beside the update and select to stop receiving updates from that person or the easiest way was to just delete NM from her email contacts. MIL said she'd take that route as she'd thought she already HAD deleted NM from her email a long time ago now! LOL

It still amazes me a bit that over a year later, NM hasn't changed at all. She's still going on and on about how she supposedly "misses her grandson" and is no doubt still claiming that I am "keeping him" from her despite the fact that, when last we spoke, dh and I made it clear she could see ds as often as she liked provided she come here to our house to visit with him. To this day, at no point have I said to her that I don't want to speak to her or see her yet she continues to cry the blues about how I've "cut her off". 

Meanwhile, my life has changed and I've grown in leaps and bounds in the past year. My anxiety has gone down, my health problems have decreased drastically, I have more energy, I'm sleeping better, I've lost about 50 pounds at this point and am generally feeling better, physically and emotionally, than I have ever felt in my life.

1 comment: