Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Update on NEF...


As far as contact goes, haven't heard a single thing since his last email to me. Would have thought he'd try to milk the situation or that NSM would have sent me a nasty email about how horrible I am given that I didn't even contact my father back after he announced he was DYING for pete's sakes (eyeroll) but, alas, not a peep. And of course no acknowledgment of my recent birthday either


DID find out however through NSM's sister - my step aunt who I call "Tanta" - that it turns out my NEF doesn't even have cancer! Am not sure what exactly has taken place. According to NEF's "cancer" email, he said he'd been diagnosed with cancer, that he'd had to have surgery and was expecting the results from the surgery/biopsy at the end of June. According to Tanta - who heard from my brother - NEF does not have cancer. So far though, that's all we know since my stupid brother refuses to say anymore and won't talk to me and I can't get my sister to call me or email me back.

How shitty to try and get me all freaked out on the day before my DS' birthday for what has turned out to be nothing, or at least not cancer! If there'd been any doubt that my NEF was an N before, there's certainly no doubt now!

5 comments:

  1. I am sorry that happened to you. Puts a lot of unneeded stress to drop a bomb like that without follow up message. Cancer is a nasty word to fling about.
    Take care,
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  2. My NM had very early stage cancer and was cured, but she still walks from hospitals to doctors to charlatans, from examination to examination. She is certain that it will 'come back' any time, and if not, she will die soon anyway. She never ceases to dangle the word 'cancer' in front of me every time we talk, and start guilt tripping me.

    The last time we talked she told me that I am destined to have cancer, just as she did. If I believed in curses, I would have certainly felt cursed.

    They make up everything they can to control you.

    It was a very evil thing from NEF to do. To pull your strings in such a nasty way...

    :hugs:

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay. I finally got the whole story. NEF DID have stage 1 prostate cancer but had his prostate removed and is supposedly doing just fine now. He has to go back for further testing in the near future but is expected to make a full recovery.

    That being said, whether he had cancer or not, I still think sending me an email titled "cancer" was a shitty way of contacting me to let me know and I have zero plans of getting in touch with NEF anytime soon.

    DA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you. Their behavior was so unkind. Hugs to you.

      Delete
  4. I agree as well. I'm really sorry. This is such a typical "tactic" and it's just nasty.
    TW

    ReplyDelete