Monday, July 5, 2010

(Not so) Happy Birthday to me...

So the day started off badly because my ds has been sick with a fever and cold the past few days. Because I've been worried about him, I haven't slept good the past couple nights.

Dh got me a cute card and ds drew me a sweet birthday picture, so that was good. I also got an ecard from my stepmom - and dad but it's clear SM was the one to do all the work and just signed dad's name. Given SM's behavior during their recent visit, it all seemed like a bunch of fake sentiment to me. Still nice to get something though. Especially since there hasn't been so much as a peep from the rest of my N FOO.

Again, I know I should be grateful that they are leaving me alone but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't hurt. I mean, would it kill anyone to send a two second email saying, "Hope you have a great day today. Happy Birthday!"? Don't get me wrong, I'd rather hear nothing than receive some guilt-laden or otherwise manipulative email or letter, but it still hurts to not even be acknowledged. For all intents and purposes, it's like I no longer exist.

To top off this marvelous day, I've had a bad headache most of the day along with an upset stomach. Probably due mostly to stress.

I wonder if this week will bring any (bad?) surprises from the N FOO? Guess we'll have to wait and see...

No comments:

Post a Comment