Monday, May 9, 2011

Important message...

I'd like to take a break just for a minute to let you all know about a great opportunity. 

I'm sure we've all heard of the recent devastation and tragic deaths of many in the southeastern United States due to the recent storms and tornadoes that came through that area. Well Kelli, from the blog "ReStore Interiors" - just one of the many blogs I follow - is participating in an auction to help those in Alabama affected by the recent storms. 100% of the proceeds go to The Birmingham Dream Center and Christian Service Mission, both of whom have been major players in relief efforts thus far.

If you would like to help out by bidding on some great items or if you have an item you'd like to donate to the auction, you can head on over to Kelli's site and link up your item or to make a bid. I have donated three of my hand-painted signs to the cause myself. (Click on pictures to see them larger.)

A wooden "BEACH" sign..


Another wooden "C'est la Vie" sign...


And a larger, "Chocolatier" sign made of a thin, MDF type material that can be nailed to the wall or framed.


When I checked the official auction page just now, my items weren't listed just yet but they should be up by the end of the day today or by tomorrow morning at the latest, I'd guess. So if you'd like to get some great stuff and, at the same time, help out a great cause, please head on over to Kelli's blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment