Am starting to get a little pissed. She sent her email around noon Friday asking what "we" could do about the situation with ds, basically asking if she could visit with him, and I responded at around 3pm telling her I wasn't comfortable with her seeing ds at this time, that she could send him a card or whatever and I could see if ds was willing to send her a short note back but, beyond that, it wasn't going to happen, especially given that she and I have only spoken 4 to 5 times via email and IM after nearly two years of no contact whatsoever.
As of now, I haven't gotten a response and, of course, my first inclination is to assume that NM was pissed that she didn't get the response she wanted and so is "punishing" me by giving me the silent treatment for a couple days before she responds. I'm inclined to think that her eventual response will go something along the lines of, "How much longer are you going to keep this up? I'd thought we'd been making some progress finally in our recent conversations only to find out now that we're right back where we started with you keeping ds from me." Granted, it won't be worded exactly like that but that's the basic gist of what I'm expecting.
Wish she'd just send it and get it over with already. I hate this waiting game.